#8 Stainless Steel Deck Screws Square Drive Wood and Composite Decking All Sizes
- Item condition:
- Time left:
- $11.55 Buy It Now
- Item location:
- West Hempstead,NY,USA
- Ships to:
- Fastener Type:
- Wood Screw
- Drive Type:
- Head Style:
- Flat Head
- SQDECK188SS #8
- Stainless Steel
- Thread Diameter (in.):
- Square Drive Deck Screws Stainless Steel
- Drive Style:
- Square Drive
- Thread Size Base:
#8 Deck Screws Stainless Steel
Deck screws are specialized fasteners designed to resist corrosion in adverse outdoor environmental conditions.
General Product Information
- Head Style : Bugle
- Drive Style : Square
- Drive Size : #2
- Screw Size: #8
- Material: Stainless Steel Grade 18-8
- Point Style: Type 17 Self Drilling Point
- Overall Length : Choose Desired Length From Drop Down Menu
- Quantity of Deck Screws in Package : Choose Desired Item Package Quantity From Drop Down Menu
Detailed Product Information:
Thread Length Information
|Screw Size||Overall Length||Thread Coverage||Thread Length|
- Deck screws feature a Robertson Drive, also known as a Square, or Scrulox drive which has a square shaped socket in the screw head for high torque and minimal slippage.
- Since wood decks have many thin planks and must withstand harsh environmental conditions deck screws are designed to accommodate the challenges of this application. They must resist corrosion, drive easily, and lay smoothly against the deck surface, called countersinking. For these reasons, many deck screws are self-countersinking, self-drilling, and coated with materials that won't rust
- Deck screws come in a wide variety of lengths and widths, called shanks. They also use different shapes of driver, the part on the screw head that allows a screwdriver to dig in to the wood and rotate.
- Like other screws, A popular head shape is a square, because it holds the driver and doesn't strip as easily as Phillips heads. One feature of deck screws that makes them easy to install is the sharpness of their point. They often come to a very sharp, narrow point, to reduce the necessity of drilling pilot holes
- The deck screw drives easily into deck boards, and once set, the head lays smoothly against the deck surface. , . . Especially in a soft deck wood like cedar, these screws can be fastened without needing to pre-drill the hole, called self-tapping. Secondly, screws designed for a deck will propel themselves into place because of their unique shank design. The thread of the screw is measured in degrees, so a shallower degree means more thread along the length. These threads spread out the force, so the screw takes less effort to put in, yet it is still difficult to pull out. Some types of deck screws are lubricated so they slide into the wood even more easily
All orders placed before 3:30 pm EST Will Ship Same DayTracking is provided on ALL Orders Priority Mail Shipping service is offered at a discount of only $3.95 UPS Ground UPS Next Day Air is available, Please inquire for pricing
ALL returns are accepted if returned within 60 days.Money Back or exchange guaranteed. NO Restocking Fees.
For YOU, we constantly strive to find ways of improving our performance.