SDRplay RSPduo Dual Tuner 1kHz-2000Mhz Wideband SDR Receiver - New!
- Item condition:
- Time left:
- $295.00 Buy It Now
- Item location:
- United Kingdom
- Ships to:
- Does Not Apply
- Country/Region of Manufacture:
- United Kingdom
- Frequency Band(s):
- Supported Modes:
- Does not apply
New! SDRplay RSPduo Dual Tuner 1kHz-2000Mhz Wideband SDR Receiver
The RSPduo is a radical new addition to the range of SDRPlay's RSP SDR Receivers, featuring dual independent tuners which are both piped though a single high-speed USB 2.0 interface.
A full featured 14 bit SDR Receiver, the RSPduo covers the entire RF spectrum from 1kHz to 2GHz giving 10MHz of spectrum visibility. Initially using Windows-based ‘SDRuno’- free Software supplied by SDRplay- you can simultaneously monitor two completely separate 2MHz bands of spectrum anywhere between 1kHz and 2GHz.
Superficially the RSPduo looks identical to the highly popular RSP2pro, providing three software selectable antenna inputs and enhanced stability and clocking features, and will be able to operate in a very similar way. However, it also offers a completely new and exciting set of usage scenarios such as:
Simultaneous monitoring of two widely spaced bands – e.g. 40m and 2m
2. Mixing and matching applications simultaneously – e.g. ADS-B and ATC scanning
3. Phase and time coherent demodulation of two receivers
The Receiver comes fully assembled and tested and requires a Personal Computer, one of the SDR Receiver Application programs as well as a suitable antenna.
When used together with SDRplay’s own SDRuno Software, the RSPduo becomes a high performance SDR platform
An open API allows developers to create new demodulators or applications around the platform.
- Simultaneously receive on two totally independent 2MHz spectrum windows anywhere between 1kHz and 2GHz
- Simultaneous processing from 2 antennas enables direction-finding, diversity and noise reduction applications
- Ideal for cross band full-duplex reception, e.g. HF + VHF or VHF + UHF
- Simultaneous Dump1090 and VHF ATC reception
- Simultaneous monitoring and recording of 2 ISM bands
- Covers all frequencies from 1kHz through VLF, LF, MW, HF, VHF, UHF and L-band to 2GHz, with no gaps
- Receive, monitor and record up to 10MHz of spectrum at a time (single tuner mode)
- External clock input and output for synchronisation purposes, or connection to GPS reference clock
- Excellent dynamic range for challenging reception conditions
- Works with popular EXTIO-based SDR software (available mid 2018)
- Software upgradeable for future standards
- Strong and growing software support network
- API provided to allow demodulator or application development
- Calibrated S Meter/RF Power and SNR measurement with SDRuno (including datalogging to .CSV file capability
- Ideal for portable monitoring of ISM/IoT/Telemetry bands
- World-class tecnical support from manufacturer
- Dual tuner provides independent coverage from 1kHz to 2GHz using 2 antenna ports simultaneously
- 14-bit ADC silicon technology (not another 8 bit dongle!)
- Up to 10MHz visible bandwidth (single tuner mode) or 2 slices of 2MHz spectrum (dual tuner mode)
- 3 software-selectable antenna ports ( 2 x 50Ω and 1 x 1kΩ high impedance balanced/unbalanced input)
- High impedance antenna port (1kHz to 30MHz) with selectable MW notch filter and choice of 2 pre-selection filters
- Software selectable AM/FM and DAB broadcast band notch filters for the 2 SMA antenna (1kHz to 2GHz) antenna ports
- External clock input and output enables easy synchronisation to multiple RSPs or external reference clock
- Powers over the USB cable with a simple type B socket
- 11 high-selectivity, built in front-end preselection filters on both the 2 SMA antenna ports
- Software selectable multi-level Low Noise Preamplifier • Bias -T power supply for powering antenna-mounted LNA
- Enclosed in a rugged black painted steel case.
- SDRuno—World Class SDR software for Windows
with two tuners simultaneously
Whilst the tuners can be controlled completely independently in terms of gain and frequency, there is one common factor that cannot (indeed should not) be separated and that is the ADC sample rate. Because of this, whichever tuner is set up first will dictate the sample rate of the second receive path. To make it clear, we designate the first receiver to be set up as the ‘Master’ and the second one the ‘Slave’.
In low IF mode, there will only be two sample rates available:
1. 6 MHz – This will deliver 14 bit ADC resolution, but with slightly inferior anti-aliaising performance at the widest bandwidth
2. 8 MHz – This will deliver 12 bit ADC resolution, but with slightly better anti-aliaising performance at the widest bandwidth
6 MHz operation should result in a slightly lower CPU load.
The full range of SDRplay RSP Wideband SDR Receivers are available from our ebay shop:
RSP1A - great value and exceptional performance:https://www.ebay.com/itm/232803206825
RSP2 - additional features including 3 software selectable antenna inputs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232219204719
RSP2prosame specification as the RSP2 but is housed in a rugged metal box for improved RF Screening: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232471199006
Package Contents: 1 pcs SDRplay RSPduo with "Getting Started" information.
Note: The SDRplay RSPduo requires a standard USB-A plug to USB-B plug Cable. This USB Cable is NOT supplied with the RSPduo as the majority of buyers will already have such a cable available.
SDR-Kits Warranty includes parts and labour and the cost of return shipping, provided the product has not been misused. Specifically the RF Power applied to the RSPduo Antenna sockets should be limited to a maximum of +10dBm to avoid damage to the RSPduo.
SDR-Kits is an Authorised Distributor for SDRplay Products since 2015
This listing is tax-free export to countries outside the EU and includes shippingvia Royal Mail's International Airmail 'Tracked' or Signed For' Service.
Shipping to Australia: Please note that a number of Australian Customers are reporting delays of up to 3 weeks once parcel has arrived in Australia. We will ship to Australia via 'Tracked' Airmail Service, as Australian Post seem to be experiencing problems handling 'Signed For' Service.
Local Import duties, if applicable, are for buyer's account.
Claims for non-delivery can be made once 28 days have passed since due delivery date.
SDRplay RSPduo Specification:
-Both Tuners: 280mA (excl Bias T)
·USB 2.0 (high speed) type B socket
Tuner 1 Antenna Coax Port Characteristics
Tuner 1 High-Z Port Characteristics
Tuner 2 Antenna Port Characteristics
Reference clock I/O
Bias T (Tuner 2 Port only)
Maximum recommended input power
Typical Noise Figures (50 ohm)
Typical Noise Figures (High-Z)
External Reference Clock
Front End Filtering (Coax Antenna Ports)
Notch Filters (Coax Antenna Ports)
Front End Filtering (High Z Tuner 1 Port)
Notch Filters (High Z Tuner 1 Port)
Note: The notch filters above are software selectable and remove specific broadcast bands. Each port carries it own filters which can be independently selected.